Each sentence below has blanks each blank indicating that word has been a mined. Beneath the sentence are five numbered sets of words.
Direction: Choose the set of words that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. Jose Rizal was born _________ June 19, 1861.
2. The government should _________ infrastructure to lure more tourists.
a. be improving
d. have improved
3. _______ crackdown on overseas deals, smuggling remains unabated.
a. Despite of
d. Inspite on
4. The Philippine economy ______ a sizzling pace in the second quarter of this year.
a. grew at
b. grew in
c. grew with
d. grew on
5. The Japan - funded Mega - Manila Subway Project _______ to be approved by the National Economic Development Authority next year.
a. will be expected
b. are expected
c. is expected
d. shall be expected
b. to be talking
d. do the talking
7. I have not ______ my breakfast.
b. to eaten
8. She _______ the newspaper everyday.
a. will be reading
c. is reading
9. I ________ a government employee who ______ assigned at the Civil Service Commission.
a. am - is
b. will be - is
c. is - am
d. won't be - shall
10. Please __________ this note to the director.
11. He _____ to a time in the past when he was young and happy.
12. She _______ us into thinking he was a Japanese,
13. The refugees _____ the border patrol.
14. In Japan, we bought chocolates, cookies ____.
b. etc., etc.
c. and etc
d. others, etc.
15.We are _____ about the safety of the hostages.
16. He made a ________ contribution to the project.
17. __________ people believe everything that they are told.
18. He sat _____ me.
19. ______ the mortgage, I have car payments to make.
20. I can't ______ with course requirements so I am thinking of dropping it.
a. cope in
c. cope up
d. cope on
To download this reviewer, just click here. Good luck and God bless!