Civil Service Commission (CSC) released the schedule of examination, online reservation, as well as procedures for application in CSC-Computerized Examination (COMEX) for the 1st semester of 2019 through CSC-COMEX Advisory No. 1, s. 2019.
The following important reminders and schedules for the conduct of CSC COMEX and the corresponding Online Reservation of examination slots shall be observed, courtesy of CSC:
A. Schedule of Examination and Online Reservation
* Availability of online reservation for the CSC Regional Offices (CSC ROs) shall include only CSC ROs joining the scheduled date of examination.
Examination slots for the CSC Regional Offices shall include only the CSC ROs joining the scheduled date of examination. Applicants/registrants are strongly advised to check the Testing Center and Personal Appearance Venue indicated in the Examination Schedule before making a reservation.
The above schedule may be subject to change without prior notice. Also, alternative mode of taking the examination or rescheduling of the examination may be adopted in the CSC Central Office in cases of unforeseen system technical problem. System technical problem in the Regional Offices would automatically result in rescheduling.
Applicants/registrants are strongly advised to regularly check their CSC COMEX accounts for latest announcements, developments and updates.
B. Availing CSC COMEX
Creation of CSC COMEX account (STRICTLY REQUIRED)
a. Access the CSC COMEX website www.comex.csc.gov.ph/user
b. Click the “Sign Up Now!” button at the homepage
c. Fill out completely the online Registration Form
d. Submit the form by clicking the “Submit” button
e. Check your e-mail account for the system confirmation e-mail (Note: The system confirmation e-mail may be found in the SPAM folder.)
f. Activate your COMEX user account by clicking the activation link provided by the system confirmation e-mail (Note: Successful account activation shall redirect you to the COMEX website.)
C. Online Reservation
Guided by the above Schedule of Examination and Online Reservation, please follow the steps below:
1. Access the COMEX Reservation website (http://erpo.csc.gov.ph/comexreservation/user). Fill out the required fields.
Important: Please remember or take note of your login credentials (email address and password).
Those with existing COMEX Reservation Account, shall log in and update your account to select the preferred type and date of examination.
2. Login using your email and password (http://erpo.csc.gov.ph/comexreservation/user/login), and choose SLOT RESERVATION.
Important: A countdown timer is indicated/shown to mark the start of reservation.
4. Refresh the page as soon as the timer/countdown has ended to start your reservation.
5. Click the “Reserve A Slot” button and wait for the Confirmation.
6. If you have successfully reserved a slot, click “Ok”. Go to “View Status” and click “Print This Form”.
Note: The number of examination slots available for online reservation is very limited. Slots may be taken and filled up in a matter of minutes. We strongly encourage those who were able to reserve a slot and later decide not to pursue taking the test to cancel their reservation online in order for others to be able to take the slot.
Instances of failed attempts in accessing the CSC COMEX website may be caused by congestion in the light of simultaneous access by the public. When this happens, applicants shall refresh their connection and try accessing again.
D. Three-month Prohibition on Taking the Career Service Examination (CSE)
Applicants must NOT have taken the same level of CSE being applied for, either through the Pen and Paper Test (PPT) mode or the Computerized Examination (COMEX) mode, within three (3) months before the date of examination.
E. Documentary Requirements
Documentary requirements to be presented during personal appearance before the designated CSC Office on the scheduled date and time (for the processing of examination application and for the actual examination):
1. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which is preferably valid (not expired on date of personal appearance and examination):
a. Driver’s License/Temporary Driver’s License (LTO O.R. must be presented together with old Driver’s License; O.R. alone is not allowed)/Student Driver’s Permit;
c. PRC License;
d. SSS I.D.;
e. GSIS I.D. (UMID);
f. Voter’s I.D./Voter’s Certification;
g. BIR/Taxpayer’s I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
h. PhilHealth I.D. (must have the bearer’s name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number);
i. Company/Office I.D.;
j. School I.D.;
k. Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
l. Postal I.D.;
m. Barangay I.D.;
n. NBI Clearance;
o. Seaman’s Book;
p. HDMF Transaction I.D.;
q. PWD I.D.;
r. Solo Parent I.D.;
s. Senior Citizen’s I.D.; and
t. CSC Eligibility Card (note: Implemented only beginning with the May 3, 2015 CSE-PPT).
1. I.D. card is a MUST. Strictly “NO I.D., NO APPLICATION PROCESSING” and “NO I.D., NO EXAMINATION.”
2. Photocopy only of I.D. card, or cellphone photo of I.D. card, shall not be accepted.
3. All other I.D. cards not included in the above list shall not be accepted.
4. As a last resort, expired I.D. card may be presented/submitted during personal appearance/examination day, provided that, the expiry date of the I.D. card is within the preceding months of the year reckoning the date of personal appearance/examination.
2. For applicants without date of birth in their ID card/s, original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority or the Local Civil Registry printed on Security Paper (SecPa).
2. For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225, original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
F. COMEX Fee
Examination fee - Php 600.00
Service fee for digital information - Php 80.00
(photo, signature and biometric fingerprints) -------------------
TOTAL - PhP680.00
G. Test Results
Test Results shall be available within one (1) week after the examination. It shall be released officially through the posting of the list of passers in the CSC website.
Issuance of Certification in lieu of the Eligibility Card to passers shall also be available within one week after the examination.
However, the period of posting of list of passers and the availability of Certification may be extended as necessary in the light of possible system technical problem.
For further queries, contact the CSC COMEX Administrator in the Examination, Recruitment and Placement Office, Civil Service Commission, at telephone number (02) 931-8089, or (02) 931-7935 loc. 714 and 716.
EDITHA M. DELA PEÑA
Examination, Recruitment and Placement Office
Source: CSC Comex Advisory No. 01, s.2019